Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Responses to Van's SEC East Predictions Post:

I think the East will resemble the West of years past - 3 or 4 teams all knocking each other off - I think the winner be decided by a tiebreaker. I am not sold on Cutcliffe making UT great again - I think the talent is just down a notch or two there, and I think the Mannings made Cutcliffe look smarter than he is......

UF may be the best team, but they also have the toughest schedule (at Auburn, UT and FSU, home with LSU, UGA, South Carolina and Alabama.) And UF had real weaknesses at running back and the offensive line last year - are they significantly better in those areas? I don't think so.


So I see a lot of 9-2 of 8-3 teams tied for the SEC East lead....

_______________________________________________________________________


As for Notre Dame, they will be excellent on offense, but the defense was weak last year and I don't expect it to be better than mediocre this year. And the schedule? At Southern Cal is still the toughest game. Penn State and Michigan visit and either one could be ND on a good day. But still, they are 10-2 at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home